Expressions of Interest for Major Events - Closed
Published on 17 February 2023
Expressions of Interest for Major Community Events are now closed
Burnie City Council is continuing to seek applications to conduct a number of vibrant events across our City during the 2023 year!
From a flower festival in spring 🌻🌼 to a winter solstice celebration under the stars 🧊🌘⭐ if you have an event idea – together, we can bring it into reality!
Last year Burnie City Council contributed $15,000 to Van Diemen’s Band Inc., to help provide a variety of Lunchbox concerts over a two year period. Council also contributed $15,000 to support the re-emergence of Burnie 2023 Ten Days on the Island Festival.
Burnie City Council is seeking applications to conduct a number of vibrant events across our City during the 2023 year !
Some events ideas we want to see come to life this year
• New Year’s Eve Community Event
• Spring Flower Festival
• A Family Christmas Parade
• A regular Friday Night bEATs Market
• A Community Celebration on the 26 January
• International Women’s Day event
• Easter Fun at Burnie Park
We want to partner with the community and organisations so that we can provide funding and assistance, while our partner organisation takes charge of the arrangements.
Council can offer in return
• Funding for the event
• Guidance to help you create your event
• Where needed, mentoring in how to navigate any Council processes
• Promotion and advertising of your event to a wide audience
• Training (mid 2023) in the things you need to know to conduct a successful event
So, tell us in two paragraphs or less:
- Your outlined vision for your event
- Date and proposed location for your event
- What type of support you will need from Council
💻 Email your Expression of Interest (EOI) with an outline of your major event idea - to email@example.com by 27 February 2023.
This EOI process for major events is separate to the Community Grants program being offered. Funding for these events is set aside in Council’s budget and is guaranteed – we just need a partner!
For further information and guidance on how to submit an application, contact Council’s Functions and Event Coordinator Andrea Dallas on 6430 5832 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Expression of Interest for Major Community Events, is separate to that of the Community Grants Program.