The Winter Photographic Collection

image-5.jpg

Founded by Ernest Albert Winter, Winter’s Studio opened in Cattley Street in 1909. The collection includes images of Burnie and many other areas of the North-West Coast, as well as photographs taken of weddings, social activities, sporting events and family portraits. The collection is extremely valuable as a pictorial history of Burnie.

We have chosen to reproduce a select few of the Winter Collection images, capturing Burnie in the early twentieth century.  

Copies of other photographs from the collection are available on request. Please email the museum via museum@burnie.net