Art Gallery Spaces
Art Gallery for exhibitions, small-scale performances, receptions and meetings.
The Burnie Regional Art Gallery has three main galleries with 115 running metres of wall space, as well as a small Foyer Space for small displays. Additional hanging space is available through the installation of temporary movable walls.
It is suitable for small scale receptions, performances and meetings.
The Gallery has its own extensive exhibition program, more than 30 visual and performing arts projects every year. Therefore there would not be many opportunites for other organisations to hire the venue. Under special circumstances, however, the galleries may be available for exhibition hire. The Gallery may consider exhibition proposals from hirers that address the gallery’s exhibition guidelines.
Gallery from rear
Technical and other information
52 running metres of wall space; floor area: 326 sq
Walls: 41 running metres; floor area: 195 sq
Walls: 31 running metres; floor area: 54 sq
Other technical details
- The gallery has constant humidity and temperature control to professional standards
- Security systems include surveillance cameras and an afterhours security system
- There is no equipment for performances other than a data projector if not used in an exhibition. It may be possible to hire equipment from the Burnie Arts & Function centre, or sourced from external businesses
- There are no technical staff for performances
- Apart from a small tea-room there are no cooking facilities
- Several trestle tables and older style stackable chairs are available
Rental rates are available on request. Special consideration is given to community groups Rates are inclusive of the space, heating and electricity, normal cleaning and sitting staff during normal opening hours.
They do not include after hours usage of the venue, or any additional use of gallery staff (for exhibition installation, or out of hours gallery sitting).
Normal Opening Hours
Gallery hours: Mon to Fri 10am to 4:30pm and Sat, Sun & Public Holidays 1:30pm to 4pm
See overall floor plans and individual plans for the above and for the Foyer Space.
Regular Users and Hirers
The major hirer of the gallery for exhibitions is the Burnie Coastal Art Group whose TasArt exhibition is an important visual arts event on the gallery calendar. The major prize which goes into the gallery’s Permanent Collection is part sponsored by the Burnie City Council.
Other regular hirers/users include
- The Wednesday Painters for art classes
- The Independent Retirees for meetings
- The Europa Poets
- Miniature Art Society for workshops and small exhibitions
- Landcare for exhibitions and displays
- Various service clubs for meetings and guided tours
- The Friends of the Burnie Art Gallery
For further enquiries:
P: 03 6430 5875