Burnie's 2017 Performing Arts Subscription Season
Thursday, 15 December 2016
The 2017 Performing Arts Subscription Season will be officially launched at the Burnie Arts & Function Centre this evening, and once again the season has something for everyone including Ten Days on the Island programming.
Special guest performances at the 2017 season launch included John X, Andrew Clorain and Andrew Casey, with ‘Tasmaniana’ an excerpt from Legends of Revue.
Burnie City Council Mayor Anita Dow said, “On the back of a very successful 2016 Subscription Season, the 2017 Season has a fantastic mix of shows – from local community theatre and musicals, to Bell Shakespeare’s The Merchant Of Venice.”
“The Burnie Arts & Function Centre continues to deliver the best program of performing arts in the region thanks to the generous support received from MMG Rosebery (who continue to support the artsUNEARTHED Arts for the Community Program), and Burnie City Council.”
“In 2017, the Burnie Arts and Function Centre will also continue its highly successful Open House Program which enables disadvantaged young people living in our region the opportunity to experience the magic of theatre.”
Tasmanian Performing Arts Centres (TasPAC) North is the Northern Tasmanian network for performing arts centres. As an added privilege for Burnie Arts and Function Centre Season Subscribers, members can enjoy discounted tickets and special offers at the Theatre North at the Princess and Devonport Entertainment and Convention Centre.
To become a Subscriber, or to find out more about TasPAC North or Open House please contact the Box Office 6430 5850 (Mon - Fri. 9am - 5pm) or visit www.burniearts.net
The 2017 Performing Arts Subscription Season:
- Facing North – Dean Stevenson
- Ode to Nellie Melba – Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra
- The Frock – Graeme Murphy / MADE
- Paris Combo
- Anh Do – The Happiest Refugee Live!! – A-List Entertainment
- Jane Rutter: Flute Spirits & The Four Seasons
- Hypnolicious! – Matt Hale Comedy Hypnotist
- Mr Stink – CDP Theatre
- International Jazz Day – featuring Paul Williamson
- Over/Under – Josh Earl
- Prehistoric Aquarium – Erth Visual & Physical Inc.
- The Merchant Of Venice – Bell Shakespeare
- Legends of Revue – John X presents
- Grug and the Rainbow – Windmill Theatre
- Virtuosi Tasmania
- 9 to 5: The Musical – Burnie Musical Society
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz – Melbourne City Ballet
- Livestreamed/Broadcast Cultural events – Tropfest, Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras and the Eurovision Song Contest
For further information please contact
Burnie City Council
03 6430 5716 or 0448 568 728